Sunday, April 12, 2009

Unabelle Crimson Sawyer




Wednesday, April 8, 2009, was the day that my little brother's daughter, Unabelle Sawyer, was born. She is the firstborn of this generation, and my parents have become grandparents for the first time, and my Aunt Judy a great aunt. Anne is an aunt, and somehow I've become an uncle. This is a watershed event, as you can imagine. My parents are jumping into their car the day after Easter to drive to Oregon from Minnesota to meet the baby for the first time....Photo: Ted, Tara, and little Unabelle

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, Tim, how does it feel to be an uncle? I always appreciate how a new life changes an entire family tree, as people for the first time become mothers and fathers and aunts and uncles and grandmothers and grandfathers.

Uncles aren't what they used to be. As a child, it seemed to me that uncles were almost always older men, but today I know a number of uncles who are only a few years past teenage years themselves, or who are still relatively young as we are :-).

I have never before considered the notion of one day knowing you to be an uncle. You are different now, and forever. You are Uncle Tim. I hope you enjoy this change, just as I hope that Ted and Tara enjoy their new roles as parents, and Anne as an aunt, and your parents as grandparents. This change is good. Blessings to all.